Saturday, August 22, 2026

I Turned a Butterfly into an 8x8 Card! | Watercolour Butterfly Shaped Card | #ButterflyCraftFest

Happy Saturday!

Hello my crafty friends! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฆ‹

Welcome back to #ButterflyCraftFest and Project 3 – Shaped Card!

For today's project, I decided to make something BIG, colourful and completely covered in butterflies! ๐Ÿฆ‹✨

I created a large 8×8 inch butterfly-shaped card using an SVG file designed by Katarina. I used my Cricut Maker 3 to cut all the elements for the card, making it possible to create this beautiful oversized butterfly shape.

Then came my favourite part... COLOUR! ๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿฆ‹

I used watercolour paints to create the colourful butterfly design. For the main card, I used beautiful granulated watercolours from Cass Art in green, blue and purple.

I love the way granulating watercolours create their own unique textures and colour variations, so every part of the butterfly has a slightly different look.

To finish the card, I added small gems in colours matching the watercolours, giving the butterfly a little extra sparkle and making the colours pop. ✨๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

This is Project 3 – Shaped Card for our #ButterflyCraftFest collaboration, and I hope this colourful butterfly inspires you to create your own shaped card!
๐Ÿฆ‹ Don't forget about the Butterfly PDF Giveaway!

You can enter for a chance to receive the PDF with the butterflies I designed by following the two collaboration rules:

1️⃣ Watch all the #ButterflyCraftFest videos and leave a comment under each video.

2️⃣ Create a project using one of the prompts from the #ButterflyCraftFest calendar, share it on social media using #ButterflyCraftFest and tag me.
๐Ÿฆ‹ Crafters taking part:

Denise
Marta

Make sure to visit their channels and see what beautiful butterfly projects they've created for the collaboration!

Thank you so much for joining us for #ButterflyCraftFest. I hope you're enjoying all the butterfly inspiration and, most importantly, having fun creating! ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’š

Happy crafting!










No comments:

Post a Comment