Monday, August 24, 2026

Can You See the Illusion? | Easy Eclipse Technique with Nesting Dies | Mintay Papers Week 15

Happy Monday!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Welcome back to another project for the Mintay Papers Challenge!

Today I'm sharing my project for Week 15 – Illusion, and I've created a super simple card with a clever little optical illusion. ✨

For this project, I created an oval-shaped card using nesting dies from my stash and the beautiful 'Holly Jolly' collection from Mintay Papers.

For the illusion effect, I used the Eclipse Technique. By cutting the layers and then raising the central elements with double-sided foam adhesive, the design appears to move through different levels while the patterned image continues across the layers.

And the best part is that you don't need a special die or complicated mechanism to recreate it. You can use this technique with almost any nesting dies and your favourite patterned papers.

✨ The basic idea is simple:
✂️ Choose your nesting dies
๐Ÿ“„ Cut your layers
๐ŸŽจ Use your favourite patterned paper
✨ Cut the central element
๐Ÿ“ Add double-sided foam adhesive
๐Ÿ’š Assemble the layers and create the illusion!

This is a quick and easy cardmaking technique that can be adapted for birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, thank-you cards and so many other occasions.

I hope this project inspires you to look at your nesting dies in a completely different way! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have you tried the Eclipse Technique before? What nesting dies would you use for it? ๐Ÿ‘‡

Happy crafting! ๐Ÿ’š✂️✨

#MintayCardChallenge #MintayOneCardAWeek




No comments:

Post a Comment