Thursday, August 27, 2026

50 & STILL EXPLORING! ๐ŸŒŠ | Eclipse Technique 50th Birthday Card | Mintay Papers

Happy Thursday!

Hello my crafty friends! 

Today I'm sharing a very special 50th birthday card I created for a lady who absolutely loves travelling and the sea. ๐ŸŒŠ✈️ 

For this project, I used the beautiful 'Riviera Moments' collection from @mintaypapers to create an 8×8 inch handmade birthday card filled with seaside and travel details. But the main feature of this card is the number 50! ๐ŸŽ‚ 

I used the Eclipse Technique to create the large numbers and make the beautiful seaside background continue through the 50. Instead of simply placing the numbers on top of the paper, I wanted them to become part of the scene. I added layers of blue, gold and white around the numbers to make them stand out while still allowing the ocean scene to flow through them. 

To personalise the card even further, I added the recipient's name and embellished the design with beautiful elements from the 'Riviera Moments' collection, including a seahorse, anchor, seagull, shells, camera and lighthouse. 

I love how the whole card reflects her love of the sea, travel and adventure. ๐Ÿ’™๐ŸŒŠ And because every card has a reason to exist, this one was designed specifically with the birthday girl in mind. ๐Ÿ’• 

If you enjoy Mintay Papers, handmade birthday cards, personalised cards, eclipse technique, fancy cardmaking techniques, fussy cutting and paper crafting, I hope this project gives you some inspiration. ✨ 

Have you ever tried the Eclipse Technique on a handmade card? 

Happy crafting! 




No comments:

Post a Comment