Tuesday, September 15, 2026

✨ A Floating 18th Birthday Card! | Elegant Floating Fancy Fold | Mintay Papers Week 19


Happy Tuesday!

Welcome back to another project for the Mintay Papers Challenge!

Today I'm sharing my project for Week 19 – Floating... and this one is extra special because I created it as an 18th birthday card for a very special girl! ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽ‚

For this challenge, I created a 7×7 inch Floating Fancy Fold Card featuring a beautiful oval floating element, which I created using nesting cutting dies.

For the papers and decoration, I used the gorgeous 'Cottage Heart' collection from Mintay Papers and added gold cardstock to create elegant frames around the layers.

Because this card was made especially for an 18th birthday, I wanted to make it truly personal.

✨ I created the recipient's name in gold cardstock using an alphabet cutting die set.

✨ I used my Cricut Maker 3 to create the large number 18.

✨ I also fussy cut elements from the 'Cottage Heart' collection and used them to embellish the card.

✨ Finally, I added gold pearls to the corners for a little extra elegance and sparkle.

I love how the floating mechanism gives the card a beautiful dimensional effect while still allowing it to fold flat.

18 is the beginning of a whole new chapter, so I wanted the card to feel just as special as the occasion.

If you enjoy Mintay Papers, fancy fold cards, floating cards, personalised handmade cards, shaped elements, fussy cutting and cardmaking tutorials, I hope this project inspires you to create your own version.

What would you put on a special 18th birthday card? ✨

Happy crafting! ✂️๐Ÿ’•

#MintayCardChallenge #MintayOneCardAWeek




No comments:

Post a Comment